Monday, August 31, 2009

There is nothing wrong with your monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture

Um. So.

I recently activated that google analytics thing, that allows you to see how many people visit your site, where they come from, how they are referred here, which pages are most popular etc. I'm actually kind of shocked at how much traffic my blog(s) get. I was under the impression that like 4 people saw my blog(s) within a month, and the people that did see them only stayed for about 5 seconds. However it has been made clear that's not the case at all.

While I'm pleasantly surprised I'm also feeling a little self conscious because I kind of seem, bat shit crazy when I compose my posts(all in good fun right?), I mean the things I come up with; the insight I pretend to have; the perving I do, srsly what the hell?

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that its all google.com's doing and not my 'wit' or the 'interesting' content I write about, or even my catchy name, no! What brings most of you to my blog is what I do on my blog: psychotic fan girling.

Top Ten Death of Trend Posts (and reasoning behind them):

10)
What: August 1st 2007 Archive
Why: Sidney Crosby and Vinny Lecavalier. Puck Bunnies!

9)
What: Because I'm Obsessed
Why: Danny Cipriani and Dominc Waldouck

8)
What: February 1st 2008 Archive
Why: Because of KOL fan girls obsession with Lily Aldridge, don't deny it!

7)
What: September 1st 2009 Archive
Why: I guess its because I started harping on KOL about OBTN and how it just wasn't a quality record. Do you share my sentiment?

6)

What: There goes my credit card bill
Why: My best guess is because more and more girls are finding out about Roxy's online store, something that is still relatively new and both a blessing and a curse for those of us who love Roxy's stuff

5)
What: June 1st 2008 Archive
Why: KOL. NHL. and fashion

4)
What: Death of a Trend
Why: Because people enter in 'Hummus' in the google search bar and are somehow brought to my blog.

3)
What: Nathan Followill and Liv Tyler
Why: Nathan's bulge brings all the girls to the yard. Damn, right its better than yours.

2)
What: May 1st 2008 Archive
Why: My crazy ramblings about skynet and the NHL...errrrr...moving on.

and the number one post is.........................


1)
What: I heart Caleb Followill MGMT
Why: Because you wishful thinking fan girls are waiting for the day when Caleb breaks up with his girlfriend and when you type 'Caleb Followoll breaks up with Lily Aldridge' into google, you actually get my crazy fan girl rant of me 'taking a break' from mine and Caleb's imaginary relationship. LMAO. Oh you guys.

So the reason why most of you visit Death of a Trend is because of Kings of Leon, which is kind of funny since I hardily ever listen to them anymore. I've moved on. Maybe you should too. So they can take the hint and make great records again.

ahem.

No comments: