Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I Coulda Bin a Contenda


Here are the teams who are definitely in the playoffs and the teams that might make an appearance. With a few days left until the regular season ends this race is getting tight!

Eastern Conference:
Boston
Washington
New Jersey
Carolina

The ladies in waiting: currently in a playoff spot but a spot not yet secured
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Montreal
New York Rangers

Western Conference:
San Jose
Detroit
Calgary
Chicago
Vancouver

The ladies in waiting:
currently in a playoff spot but a spot not yet secured
Columbus
Anaheim
St. Louis

Usually I'd say that the East is pretty much set but Florida wants that playoff run, so really who knows. And the West? We'll its always been a tight race over there, every game really matters, one loss and youse out, son!

But all I really want out of the playoffs is some Alexander Ovechkin and Rick Nash, at this point does anyone else really matter? Ok maybe for some people but since Rick Nash is a virgin...a playoff virgin that is ;) it will be exciting to see him make his debut and Ovie? I hope he can bring the caps closer than last year, 2nd round? 3rd round, perhaps? That would seriously make my life if the caps make it to the finals. I wanted it last year and I want it again this year.

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: