Thursday, November 01, 2007

Hottie Townie

Remember my Mike Fisher post? Well I found this on facebook:
Is this not L.O.L. worthy or what? Mike Fisher was/is the epitome of hottie townie!

I remember when I was preteen(11-13), hell bent on finding a cute boyfriend to hold hands with, share a plate of fires, and talk about how Korn > Limp Bizkit anyday!!!!! So when summer rolled around I wanted to find a nice boy to have a summer romance just like the ones I read in the babysitter's club and sweet valley high books! Trouble was my parents insisted on escaping to the Ontario wilderness during the summer months...and my god was I ever thankful for that!!!

I don't know what they put in the water in rural Ontario, or if it just has to do with ratios, but the hottie per capita in small town Ontario was like 15, I was swimming in hot townies! Now what does this have to do with Le Fisher? Well the above photo displays the typical townie hottie: hair dyed blonde, dark roots showing, unfortunate hair cut, rugged but innocent looking, a farmer's tan, and CLEARLY he was a 'rocker'!

I've encountered that boy a million times in my wilderness adventures, the flirty looks; the playing tag; the swinging on the swing sets; playing with my brother just to get closer to me; the swimming together, the building forts, the building sand castles, the hiding in the forest together, the being pity friends with your sister because she was kind of a weirdo, OH TYLER!

If this was 1998 Mike Fisher would totally be mine! My mom would have loved him, a good Christian boy who'd make me go to church every Sunday, and wouldn't pressure me to go all the way (oh noes), and a future NHL superstar... How did I miss this townie????


PS I was such a player when I was young, what happened? Maybe I should start reading sweet valley high again!

No comments: