Friday, December 04, 2009

Jeans, boys who don't get it

You may or may not have noticed but I have a sort of obsession with our boyfriends' jeans. Yes as in the jeans you wear not the ones that are in your DNA. And for the most part its me ripping into them because they choose the wrong wash and or the wrong fit. This is very important to me, almost a deal breaker...almost.

You can tell a lot about a person by their jeans, right?

For example:
Skinny Jeans = Hipster/Alt-hip-hop subscriber
Baggy Jeans = Rap/Heavy Metal subscriber
Ripped Jeans = Douche bag
Light Washed Jeans = Out of touch
Ripped Light Washed Jeans = Ed Hardy douche bag
Classic Levi's = Regular average dude

These of course are generalization but you're telling me that when some guy walks up to you in light washed ripped jeans, your going to have it? I don't think so!

The whole reason for this post was brought you by this photo:


One of the first things I noticed was that the jeans that these Welshmen are wearing are NOT their own. Besides the fact they look brand new, they fit too well, the wash is spot on, these can't possibly be their own especially since we know that these atrocities exist in Jamie Roberts' closet (even though we only get to see 1/4 of the jeans, that 1/4 is 1/4 too many)!

Let's be honest Roberts would not pick those cuffed dark washed jeans in a million years and Alun Wyn Jones would not choose jeans that would actually fit his thighs(he's self conscious about them I've decided!) nor would Ryan Jones or Martyn Williams choose those fitted straight legged jeans! I'm not crazy about the jeans they chose for Davies and James but I'm sure its a vast improvement from what they wore to the shoot.

HBIC Tom Croft is not exempt from such criticisms either:

Uh oh Geordan Murphy knows we're starring, uhhh...



(ok the coast is clear)
I mean! Where does one start? The wash is too reminiscent of 'Dad Jeans', the fit too baggy, these are the jeans contractors wear when they're fitting the drywall, ya know? And I'm purposely ignoring the sweatshirt tied around your waist, and your hick sunglasses, Tom!

And then our newest boyfriend, Rob Carnie Kearney has been seen around town wearing light washed jeans


You've got to be f*cking kidding me dude? What are these?

I think I've given enough evidence to show you that these rugby boys don't know how to choose the right jeans. I really don't think this is rocket science because all my guy friends, the dudes I work with/go to school with/see on public transit get it, why can't our RU boys?

Apparently I'm asking for a lot!

No comments: