Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Bakkies Botha: Hero for a Day

You maybe one of the best rugby players today, and I still might be peeved at you for getting into our boyfriend's(Tom Croft) face but today, you are a hero. Why? Well apparently you're not as dumb as I first suspected (what? I can be wrong too, you know!) and you proved that Mike Phillips is as dumb as and arrogant as we all suspected:

There was, sadly, though, no award for chirp of the year. If there had been, that would have gone to Bakkies Botha for the short conversation he had with Lions scrumhalf Mike Phillips. With Phillips getting all uppity, Botha gave him a look: "You've got beautiful blue eyes."

Phillips was stunned and walked away confused. Pierre Spies, who was nearby, almost wet himself laughing. "That was the best chirp I have ever heard."


iol

Mike Phillips' interpretation:

You have also proclaimed yourself the best-looking scrum-half in the world.

That was after a few beers, mind, and after we'd just beaten England, so I was probably feeling a little bit cocky at the time. I said that to Gats [Wales coach, Warren Gatland]. We were just messing about really. But it's true, I think. On the Lions Tour [South Africa Lock] Bakkies Botha kept calling me, "sexy blue eyes". I thought he was just trying to wind me up, but he kept trying to talk to me after the game as well…

The Guardian


...except that he was trying to wind you up but you can't fight narcissism and arrogance...or stupidity, can you Mike, because your natural conclusion, was that he did think you were 'sexy'. Because everyone's in love with you! Even the formidable Bakkies Botha, who could crush you with his finger...BITCH PLEASE! GET OVER YOURSELF!

I could go on forever with this but I won't, he doesn't deserve anymore attention!



PS Wow, I'm certainly on the Mike Phillips hate train but he makes it so easy.

No comments: