Monday, February 25, 2008

Rock Star: Now touring NHL arenas

My brother and I were bored one day talking about how Ryan Miller and Brian Campbell rocked it out on an open mic night one night in some bar in Buffalo. I thought it was hilarious...and really embarrassing for them.

We then proceeded to go through the various NHL teams and form bands within those clubs, THE best band we came up with was The Toronto Maple Leafs, The Band:

Lead vocals/Rhythm Guitar: Paul Kubina
Lead guitar/Backing vocals: Mats Sundin
Bass: Darcy Tucker
Drums: Brian McCabe
Keyboards/Synthesizers/Triangle/Chimes: Alex Steen

Best band ever, non?

I mean, imagine Mats Sundin, rippin' on a guitar solo, his shirt unbutton, a cigarette in his mouth and his guitar face...PRICELESS!!! McCabe would TOTALLY have a mullet; you can picture it can't you?

Well apparently my brother and I weren't the only ones with this brilliant idea. My boyfriend Marc Staal and some other dudes thought that they could do the rockstar thing better than my Leafs...PUH-LEEZE:



Marc's a decent drummer, but Strudwick can't sing, and Hollweg...I just don't like him in general.

But guys think about it: Rockstar Leafs Vs. Rockstar Rangers...

Leafs > Rangers, non?



...in hockey however, well we know how I feel about that!

No comments: