Monday, December 31, 2007

Best of 2007: Our Love To Admire


Who: Interpol
What: Our Love To Admire
Category: Music ---> Rock n' Roll
Why: I always hold off on bands that are praised as 'the next --->insert legendary band name here<---'. I also held off of Interpol because every Interpol fan I met was hugely pretentious, and condescending. Come off it, we all have Lionel Richie on our ipods, stop pretending like yours only contains Pitchfork's best of...ANYWAYS I loved 'Turn on the bright lights' at first but was turned off by the hype and the snobbery so Interpol slipped off the radar because, to quote Sloan, "its not the band I hate, its their fans". That is until I heard "Our Love To Admire", another break-up album, hells yea! I'm telling you break up albums are the best kind of albums!!! ANYWAYS! This album is a masterpiece, slow moving, painful, unforgettable and fucking beautiful! The lyrics alone warrant everlasting praise, Paul Banks is indeed a musical genius(and my gosh don't he know it!). The bass is my favourite instrument so I love how you can hear--no feel it in every song! This album breaks my heart and yes I love it!!!!
Highlights:
Pioneer to the Falls, No I in Threesome, Wrecking Ball, The Lighthouse
Personal Stories: They're Jared Followill's (my hero) favourite band, so naturally they're like one of my favourite bands too (jks)
Quotes that are worth quoting:
"And you vanish with no guile and I will not pay but the soul can wait. I felt you so much today" "Your heart makes me feel, your heart makes me moan. For always and ever, I'll never let go."
--From Pioneer to the Falls
"You feel the sweet breath of time, it's whispering, it's truth, not mine. There's no "I" In threesome and I am all for it!"
"Babe it's time we give something new a try. Oh, alone we may fight so just let us be free tonight."

--From No I in Threesome

"I'm Inside, like a wrecking ball through your eyes, and I change it all from inside."

"Go inside, where all is tactile, and no one's for me. Going Wild, you're like new year. Stay and fight!"

--From Wrecking Ball

"There's such sleaze in the park and women, you have no self-control. The angels remark outside, you are known for insatiable needs. I don't know a thing!"

"And to all the destruction in man and to all the corruption in my hand"
--From Pace is the Trick



No comments: