Friday, April 30, 2010

Stanley Cup Playoffs, Round 2

I'm not even going to bother doing predictions this time around, I'm a little heartbroken that the Caps have been eliminated actually no- I'm enraged and this was essentially my reaction on Wednesday:



and then I cried myself to sleep. Montreal was last in terms of points, in teams who made it to the post-season, and Washington was first...I just- I suppose I should be supporting Montreal because they're Canadian but Ovechkin, WAH!

Eastern Conference

Pittsburgh v Montreal

Halak has been SPECTACULAR but can he stop the Pens? Can he stop Sidney Crosby? Can he stop Evgeni Malkin? Pittsburgh is a deep team, will Montreal be ready for the 4 line assault? Well on paper that answer is no but on paper Washington should have beat Montreal and they didn't so...

Philadelphia v Boston

I always make the mistake of underestimating Philadelphia but Chris Pronger is on that team, ICK! Having said that Philly has a chance, not saying they're going to win, I'm just saying Boston better be ready.


Western Conference


San Jose v Detroit

Well they've already played their first game and San Jose won. But can I just say that Dany Heatley is the difference maker. Watching the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series you could really see that Ottawa was missing Heater like FOR SERIOUS I mean Alfredsson was injured and Jason Spezza peaked at 23 (he's now 26) so there really is no one else on that team. Detroit has Mike Babcock with his Jedi mind tricks, just saying...

Vancouver v Chicago

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Don't really care who wins but the Blackhawks coaching staff has decided to dress Dustin Byfuglien (his real name, I kid you not) and there's some bad blood between this team so I think its safe to say that this will probably happen again:


can't.wait.

No comments: