Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This is It. Don't get Scared Now.

We have our final ladies and gentlemen! This is what we've been working up to. I'm really, really excited. A new champion will be crowned and another team's dream will be denied for another 4 years. This is why I love watching Remember the Titans over and over again. The elation. The heartbreak. The beer split on your carpet. Not much can compare to a sports final.


For our Bronze Final we have Australia vs Wales. Australia's sloppy game play broke like water against New Zealand (I'm making a reference here 10 points if you get it) so it comes to no surprise that they're not in the final. Still seething from South Africa's loss I'm throwing all my support behind Wales. They were unjustly denied a spot in the final, so let them take their frustrations out on the Wallabies.

The All Blacks is for lovers

For our World Cup Final we have France vs New Zealand and honestly it could go both ways, which I know is a total cop out but honestly I'm convinced that France has been holding back this whole time waiting for the most opportune time to unleash the best game they've ever played, and that could very well happen on Sunday. But on the other hand this is the All Blacks we're talking about, they have been exceptional this tournament, they're in their own backyard, the last time they won the World Cup they were playing at home, the stars are aligned, etc. etc. so who really knows. I don't know about you but I think watching this game will probably require the consumption of a lot of alcohol.

No comments: