Friday, May 15, 2009

Its Playoff time Suckas, Round 2 Predictions Vs Results:


Eastern Conference

Boston vs Carolina

My Prediction: Boston in Six
Actual Result: Carolina in Seven

Ok so I was off...way off! But seriously who wasn't? Had we all not tipped Boston to go to the Conference finals, possibly the Stanley Cup finals? This was their year and somewhere along the line, in f*cking North Carolina, they lost it! I am shocked, completely and utterly shocked that Carolina managed to beat them! Thanks for letting us down Boston! The obligatory: Cam Ward is overrated!

Pittsburgh vs Washington

My Prediction: Either or but I knew it was going to Seven games
Actual Result: Pittsburgh in seven

I can't really take credit for this one because my spidey sense was all wacked out with this match up and I couldn't decide. All I knew was that either Ovechkin or Crosby would push this thing to a game seven. It was an amazing series, full of drama, bad calls and pathetic playoff beards. This was the series everyone was watching. This series is what dreams are made of kids but in the end The Penguins outlasted The Capitals. The blowout game seven was heartbreaking the Caps just couldn't get it together. 6-2 was the final score and Brooks Laich returns to Saskatchewan. What a sad day indeed.

Western Conference

Detroit vs Anaheim

My Prediction: Detroit in Six
Actual Result: Detroit in Seven

And thank God! Chris Pronger is out of the playoffs that's all the matters him and that little bitch Correy Perry. Who the hell spells Corey like that? Anyways thank you for delievering Almighty Detroit Red Wings, you did what San Jose could not do thank you, thank you, thank you, amen.

Vancouver vs Chicago

My Prediction: Vancouver in Seven
Actual Result: Chicago in Six

Whoa! Did not see this coming. Who knew the Blackhawks were such a force? Didn't really watch this series tbh but I heard that Chicago is not only a good team but they're getting better and better with each game. I'm acutally happy about this mainly because Duncan Keith gets to fight another day. Yeah, Duncan Keith, who I can't differentiate from Patrick Sharp, YEY!

No comments: