Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hockey Happenings

Re: Crosby not touching the Prince of Wales trophy: Superstitions are completely irrational, darling

So I kind of predicted this show down of ~*pens vs red wings*~ after watching the first two games of each series. Dallas and Philly put up a good fight but the hockey gods had a different plan in store. This is a pretty exciting match up, non? The best team in the East playing the best team in the West; who will come out on top and finally put the question of 'which conference is better' to rest. CLEARLY I'm pulling for my boys, the pens; the way they've developed and the way they've become so good so fast...my god do they ever deserve it! Besides, Detroit needs to be knocked off that pedestal of theirs; best team in the NHL? We'll just see about that.

I know I've said before it would be boring if husband no. 6, Sidney Crosby, won the Stanley Cup but now that I've watched pretty much every series of this playoff season, and let the image of Crosby raising the Cup, marinate in my mind, I've decided that my darling Sidney Crosby winning the Stanley Cup, would be exciting...expected but exciting nonetheless. The pens are in it to win it, and I'm there for them 100%, GO PENS GO!!!!!!!!!!




****




Team Canada lost the gold medal game against Russia...and to be perfectly honest it wasn't that heartbreaking. OBVIOUSLY I was disappointed, I wanted Dany and Rick to bring home a gold medal BUT I'm kind of really biased towards Alexander Ovechkin and even if I found out he ate babies for breakfast I'd still love him, heh...

AND before you bitches blame my Ricky for losing the gold medal to Russia, think about this: the ENTIRE team blew a 4-2 lead; regardless of Nash's penalty in overtime, IF Canada was playing right and not actin' a fool, then chipping the puck over the glass wouldn't have made a difference! I mean, how many short handed goals did Canada score in this tournament and you fuckers want to blame Nash for losing this game? BITCH, PLEASE!

No comments: