Monday, January 28, 2008

How The West Was Won

Marc Always looks 12 in his uniform

I did watch the All-Star festivities this weekend, the highlights:
-The YoungStars game (ooo Marc Staal!);
-the end of the Breakaway contest(because that's when the players understood what the hell was going on);
-Dion Phaneuf winning the Shoot out contest, when it was 3 vs 1;
-Chris Pronger falling flat on his face in front of the cameras;
-and the third period of the All-Star game.
HECK YES!
My thoughts:
-I remember the All-Star game being more exciting when I was younger, I don't know if it was because I was a kid or because it was actually more exciting back then.
-Its clear that the All-Star weekend is more for the players to have fun, muck about, and not check each other. I was bored as hell but hey the players were having the time of their lives.
-The skillz competition was boring, I'm not really into that kind of thing, so I may not be the best judge of whether it was good or not, but I can say this, the Obstacle course was ASS!

Toskala's so jealous right now! His boyfriend's hitting on Pavel!

Who was robbed:
-Rick Nash and/or Marc Savard. I love me some Staal don't get me wrong, but to be honest, Eric was hardily a blip on the radar compared to Nash and Savard, who were off the hook and thus they were robbed...sorry Eric
I OBJECT

-Lundqvist, why? why wasn't he there? like srsly, homeboy was ROBBED!!!
-Jack Johnson. He really should have played the "half-time show" and not Neyo, I mean I wanted to hear him belt out Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, that song is TOTALLY about his bff, Sidney Crosby:
Must I always be waiting, waiting on you
Must I always be playing, playing your fool
I sang your songs, I danced your dance
I gave your friends all a chance
But putting up with them

Wasn't worth never having you

sounds like Johnson's a little jealous of Colby Cheese...

Um...:
-Wow hockey players sure are illiterate
-Wow hockey players have ZERO personality
-Chris Pronger really is a douche bag
-Alyssa Milano is designing a line of fan wear for the female hockey fan...oh great now we can all look like cheap and tacky Essex girls
-That was like the most random All-Star line up! who the fuck is Duncan Keith?????

All in all it was OK, it wasn't exciting like the winter classic, but it wasn't a total suck-fest; its like watching a Leafs game...when they're playing the LA kings, its hockey, but its nothing special.


...Oh yea the East beat the West, who knew?

No comments: