Thursday, December 06, 2007

Vindication and The Boy Who Went West

My boys the Sens, FINALLY, broke their losing streak...

I never thought that losing streak and Ottawa Senators would ever be in the same sentence but they've kind of been -- oh fuck I don't know what their deal was! ANYWWAYS they beat Florida yesterday 4-3, and apparently, it wasn't an easy win. Florida probably wanted to be in the 'in-crowd' with all the teams that beat the best team in the Eastern Conference, but the Sens were straight-up tired of losing, knowing full well that they could merkk all of these teams, and they came up with the win!

Don't get too cocky boys, its clear that you're not as invincible as we all thought...but you're still the hottest team in the NHL! :D


Like the rest of Canada last night, I watched the Edmonton-Pittsburgh game. Yes Sidney was on the same ice that Wayne Gretzky made famous; another great in a CRAZY-ASS hockey town. Edmonton fans are dedicated, obsessed, fuck they're down right dogmatic about their hockey! Edmonton was a-buzz the moment husband no. 5 touched down.


Sidney's great a great player, amazing, off the hook, he's a trip to watch, but with all this hype (that even I was feeling back here in Toronto) I kind of felt bad for him. He'll never ever get to be a regular guy; he's 20 and doesn't get to do the things that regular 20 year olds do. I'm pretty sure when he does go out, he has one drink, sits there laughing at all the crazy antics Colby Cheese gets into, but never gets into any antics himself...just speculation of course but he knows what he is, and what he means to the league, and millions of fans, so its not a huge stretch to say that Sidney doesn't get mad crunk on a regular basis.

THE GAME: The first two periods were kind of boring...and no it has nothing to do with the fact that El Pinguinos remained scoreless and the Oilers managed to take the lead with 2-nil, it was just both teams kept each other on a short leash.


They interviewed Sidney's dad during the game, and if you're wondering how Sidney turned out to be an amazing young man, look no further than Troy and Trina Crosby! (and yes I was creepy and noticed that Sidney has his dad's nose.) That's a message to all the crazy hockey parents out there, that the best player in the league, hell possibly the best player the game has ever seen, has supportive parents who don't beat up referees and yell at their kids when they loose a game!

With the start of the 3rd period I was worried that the Pens were not going to take this game, I mean it was the 3rd period, they had no goals and the Oilers had 2, but I remained positive, a lot could happen in one period and it did! Maxime Talbot scored the first goal, Kris Le Tang followed, then Colby Cheese and then Ryan Whitney. It all happened so fast I wasn't even sure what was happening (mainly because I pulled an all nighter before I was running on my last steam at 11:30 at night and kind of drunk tired). My boys managed to take the win, all in one period, if that's not a metaphor for what this team is capable of and will be capable of, then I don't know what is.

I have a feeling that this penguins team will be one of the greatest teams NHL teams EVER but thats just my biased opinion.


PS Jordo, dude when are you going to score bb ????

No comments: