Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Best of 2007: Because of the Times

Its December, the last month of the year, when everyone makes their best of 2007 lists and I thought, since my exams are over, why not? My Best of 2007 starts today, and its kind of fitting that we start of with a band that's kind of changed my life (and my musical taste).

Nathan, Matthew, Caleb, and Jared Followill

Who:
Kings Of Leon
What: Because of the Times
Category: Music ---> Rock n' Roll
Why: The best effort by the Kings yet but still there's WAY more geniosity swimming through Caleb's head!
Highlights:
Knocked Up, Charmer,McFearless, True Love Way, Arizona, Ragoo
Personal Stories: I saw them live, I became obsessed from that point on. AND Jared totally made eye contact with me at least 6 different times...shut up! If the most beautiful man in the world graces you with his gaze, you'd freak out too, don't lie!
Quotes that are worth quoting:
- "I got the reigns and courage I was made of And they've got fake love" from Mcfearless
-"Stand up to a giant.Said that I'm a fighter...Too drunk to remember" from Arizona
-"We could both share all that I have made for a young man it's a heck of a wage! I'm still crazy when I see your face" from True Love Way
-"People call us renegades because we like living crazy. We like taking on the town because people are getting lazy" from Knocked Up

You want rock n' roll, and I mean REAL rock n' roll, this is it! Sex, drugs, pregnancy, true love, brothels, brotherly love, and all to a wicked ass rifts. Wondering what's happened to the state of music, well Kings of Leon are here to save it. With endless touring and downright magical records, the Kings are getting more popular as time passes! 'The Story' as its called, is now secondary, having proving themselves 3 times over, who cares that they're the sons of a traveling preacher?


The rifts are off the hook! Jared's base line, you can feel it in your belly! Nathan keeps the beat going! Matthew rocks it out like a true legend! But what of Caleb? Caleb's vocals paired with his lyrics, ugh, you feel that shit in your soul! Sometimes you want to get pissed at the world, sometimes you want to get pissed drunk, other times you feel drunk on love! The emotions are raw, real, and no matter what's happening in your life, you feel Caleb's tortured soul when you listen to this album! Rolling Stone gave this album 4 stars out of 5, which is pretty damn good, right? Well to any fan, we know better! This one's off the charts, son! The King's song's are very personal, as in when you listen to them, its like "holy shit, that's totally about me!" that's how much it speaks to your soul!

Why is Because of the Times the best of 2007? Well let's forget the fact that I'm a rabid fan, and let's concentrate on its greatness. This album is ancient, essential, timeless, forever, pure! It's what music should be, needs to be! Kings of Leon are my heart, and Because of the Times is my soul!!!

Bring on the Lulz
Perfect Date
Caleb: I would take a girl to a family reunion and she'd love it
Nathan: I don't think Cousin Celo dry-humping her leg would impress her!

Jared: I overheard some girl talking about which guys in bands she wanted to get with, and she said, 'Matthew Followill, but not Jared, that’d be too weird.' I don’t understand. Why? Why is that too weird?
Jared: I heard this rumour that I got syphilis in Australia, that is such a lie! It was crabs! There's a difference you know! One itches the other doesn't!
and Matthew? he's a mute!



No comments: