Monday, August 27, 2007

Don't look back, you can never look back


This labour day is the first labour day in about 4 years that I will be spending it with my parents, out in the Canadian wild somewhere, full of townsfolk, bonfires, and lakes. So all I described in the previous post will be experienced once again.

I realized days before, that I haven't been out of the city in ages, and that spending a long weekend with my parents would and could be a good thing. I'm getting older now and I'm no longer just their child anymore and they're no longer just my parents, I want a good adult relationship with my parents. The waves of the after shock of my teenage "rebellion", are getting weaker and weaker, and they're realizing that I'm not the baby anymore, so I just wanted to be able to have a good time with my parents, something which many people can't even fathom. I don't have anybody in the city that I can really spend time with this long weekend, so why not tag along with my parents, where the trip is paid for, and I get to swim in a natural body of water (which I've been longing to do since June).

It should be good clean fun (in the words of my mother)

No comments: