Saturday, September 02, 2006

the way New Order makes me feel

Ok so V FEST:
I had really wanted to go, preferable day two because of MASSIVE ATTACK!!!!!

And I had voiced my desire to go, to my friends and of course there was the "yea we should go" which, really means, we're not going. Heart broken and defeated because no matter how much I love my trip hop there is no way I'm going to a concert by myself, I'm already enough of a reject as it is. But then yesterday my sister asked, "Do you want to go to v fest?" I of course said "yes" then she preceded to tell me that we would be getting tickets for day one at a waping 20 bucks!!! Why so cheap you ask. Well my sister's friend Linda is the crazy ass music "enthusiast" and she discovered this dude called David Ford a while back and no one knew who the hell he was in North America. So somehow she got him mentioned in the Toronto star in the ever so fantabulous anti hit list, and after that mention all these American labels are now interested in his music SO his manager, in thanks for Linda doing his job over here in the Americas, has become her BFF! So whenever David comes to town his manager hooks Linda up with these crazy ass...well hookups.

So what does this have to do with V fest and me? Well David (first name basis y'all) is playing on day one, so his manager is giving Linda a bunch of tickets for the low low price of 20 dollars!!!!! And one of those tickets belongs to me!!!! And why so excited? Well other than the fact that I get to see WINTERSLEEP LIVE along with the flaming lips, gnarles Barkley, muse, starsailor, phoenix (will SOFIA COPPOLA make an appearance?), the dears etc, my sister says we very well may be BACKSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!! If I see Paul Murphy BACKSTAGE I may just die right there. In all honesty Day Two is a better line up because ummm MASSIVE ATTACK but hell who the fuck would pass up cheap tickets and possible backstage passes and WINTERSLEEP!?!?!?!?!?!!! I'm on fucking cloud nine right now!

No comments: