Friday, May 29, 2009

Its Playoff Time Suckas, Conference Finals: Predictions vs Result



Eastern Conference


Pittsburgh vs Carolina

My Prediction: Pittsburgh in Seven
Actual Result: Pittsburgh in Four

W.T.F. I knew that Pittsburgh was going to win. I knew they were the better team but a clean sweep was not something I had even contemplated. Carolina defeated the Boston Bruins, arguably the best team in the East, I had thought they would have put up more of a fight than being defeated in FOUR GAMES. Apparently this entire time, Nickelback's #1 fan, Cam Ward had been keeping his team afloat. Every hockey fan knows that goal tending only gets you so far, you need your power forwards, and dynamic defensemen to get the job done. Apparently Carolina no longer has any power forwards or dynamic defensemen. Hey Eric Staal, where were you this series?

Western Conference

Detroit vs Chicago

My Prediction: Detroit in Six
Actual Result: Detroit in Five

So Chicago didn't get cocky but they sure did get a lifetime's supply of humble pie c/o the Detroit Red Wings. Once again Detroit proved that experience is THE deciding factor in a playoff series...that and having an epically deep team; I said it last year I'll say it again, this is not a one line team, or even a two line team. Any line on this team can compete against, any first line in the NHL and still be successful. Mike Babcock, he knows what he's doing.

No comments: