Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who watches the watcmen?


Remember this nerdy post?

Well I went ahead and bought 'Watchmen', a book complied of every issue of the series. I got the book last Wednesday and last night I finished it.

Yes, withing 7 days I've finished the entire series, and damn was it ever good.

Do you want to know how good it was? Well, I, someone who's not used to reading graphic novels, didn't really pay attention to the images but paid most of my attention to the dialouge, and if this were not a graphic novel, it would be an amazing piece of literature and would probably be more widely recognized...more so than it is now.

The most interesting of the masked avengers, were the most sinister: Roscarcsh, who was clearly a sociopath and The Comedian who, despite his actions, was a result of the dark times he was living in.

The female superheros, like most of the comic book world, were whiny, over sexualized and annoying. Although Silk Spectre II did serve an important function...a function that could have easily been filled by any female character, Moore, created but she severed it nonetheless.

Dr. Manhattan, was of course my favourite because he was hot and could walk through walls and build a compound on Mars with his mind alone. A man with looks and brains, who'da thunk it?

I'm kind of, madly in love with this book. It was relevant in the 80s and its relevant now, 'cept we don't have a team of crime fighting vigilantes with a supernatural being, so I guess we'll have to save the world all by our lonesome...


am sooooooooo excited for this movie!!!!!!!!

No comments: