Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's On My Ipod: Colby Cheese Armstrong


Nearly 24hrs has passed since the shocking news and I've put together a playlist that Colby Cheese needs to upload on his iPod right this instant because not only does it describe the emotions he's feeling right now BUT it will help him to just let it all out.

1)Meat Loaf - A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
The title doesn't say much but HAVE YOU HEARD THIS SONG??? So amazing, so dramatic, so fitting! The best good riddance song like EVER. Its kind of a two parter, starting off with regret and sadness, then ending with: "Tire tracks and broken hearts, it's all we're leaving behind! It doesn't matter what we're losing, it only matters what we're going to find!" Let it out Colby! Let.It.Out.


2)Oasis-Don't Look Back In Anger

Sure, this trade was a shocker, maybe a slight stab in the back, you thought you would be a penguin for a while but then fate had other plans for you. But there's no point being bitter about it, you'll be reunited with Mark Recchi, the weather's nicer down there, you'll no longer be known as "Sidney Crosby's bff/roomate/secret lover/confidant", AND Atlanta is a pretty OK team, just be thankful you're not going to Toronto...

"My soul slides away
but don't look back in anger. Don't look back in anger, I heard you say, at least not today"


3)Whitney Houston-I Will Always Love You
No matter what Colby Cheese, the fans and the team will always love you and will always cherish your 'white guy who thinks he's funny' humor, I for one enjoyed it! You will be missed, you and your bird nose!

"Bittersweet memories
that is all I'm taking with me. So goodbye, please don't cry. We both know I'm not what you, you need...I hope life treats you kind, and I hope you have all you've dreamed of. And I wish you joy and happiness but above all this, I wish you love!"

*tear*


4)Don Henley-Boys of Summer
This is going to be your and Sidney's theme song because summer's the only time you two will ever get to spoon and be alone (ooo so romantic) and when its over y'all will be heartbroken...don't worry boys, you'll always have ~*Pittsburgh*~

Colby
to Sidney: I never will forget those nights. I wonder if it was a dream. Remember how you made me crazy? Remember how I made you ~*scream*~? Now I don't understand what happened to our love but babe I'm gonna get you back! I'm gonna show you what I'm made of!


5)Skunk Anansie-Secretly
You've noticed it right, Colby? Staal's been getting pretty dreamy as of late, he's growing out of his 'hot boy townie' look and turning into a hot viking WITH scruff, and he's getting more muscular, and his silky blonde hair has grown so much that he can flip it AHEM yea well Crosby's noticed it too, and you've noticed that Crosby's noticed that J. Staal is turning into quite the hot piece, so maybe you've requested this trade, maybe you wanted out of that locker room, where you didn't have to endure their stolen looks in the shower, and the pats on the butt in practice; you're heart just couldn't take it anymore, and I respect that Colby, I respect that.

"I've been a friend, with unbiased views, and then secretly lust after you"


6)Badly Drawn Boy-Promises

So you're at the airport, your boys are there, tears are welling up, your boys, your friends, your brothers, its time to say goodbye. First its the Ryan's, they sandwich you and give you noogies; Jordo flashes his million dollar smile telling you he won't take it easy on you on that you're on Atlanta; Max does his McLovin' impression for you one last time; Marc-Andre with that permanent smile, eyes all fogged up says 'Au revoir'; then Sidney Crosby, your bff, your soul mate , homeboy's never been good with words so he just hugs you and you whisper into his ear: "Sometimes you just have to walk away, remember I do love you! Have courage in what you say!" and then you pull away from him, never looking him in the eyes, pick up your bag, go through security and board your plane with tears in your eyes...

WOW I should write romance novels, I'm too good! LOL


7)Michael Jackson-Beat it

What's done is done, you can't change what's happened, now can you? So suck it up and take it Colby! Be a man, and show Penguins Inc. that they made a HUGE mistake...I'm sure Mark Recchi would be happy to give you some pointers!

"No one wants to be defeated, showin' how funky and strong is your fight! It doesn't matter who's wrong or right, just beat it, beat it!"


8)Maximo Park-By The Monument

Spending your first night away from Pittsburgh but more importantly your first night way from Sidney Crosby, can't be easy, so I give you permission to cry yourself to sleep to thing song.

"We'll sleep tonight in separate towns. At dusk, we see our disparate futures."


9)Kanye West-Stronger
Keep that head up Colby Cheese! You will get through this!

"
I know I got to be right now 'cause I cant get much wronger!"


10)Mason Jennings-California

We're really going to miss you Colby Cheese, I hope you do very well in Atlanta! Say hi to lil' John for me!

"California Atlanta I hope that it wakes you
from all the darkness that I couldn’t break through cause I’m going to miss you"

Peace out Colby Cheese, Stay gold!!!!!!!

No comments: