Friday, December 28, 2007

What Are You Listening To

Jared Followill's Interview is here and since he's my hero and I worship the ground he walks on and would follow him to death and back, I'm copying him and doing my very own segment of 'What Are You Listening To'

Death of a Trend
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Instrument: Bass, Triangle, Synthesizers

What five albums or singles are in heavy rotation for you now? (
HAIKU STYLES, word!)




1)Kings of Leon-Because of the Times

From South of U.S.

Rock n' Roll Lullabies Rest

They Came From Heaven



2)Interpol-Our Love To Admire

Haunting Tunes They Are
Depressing Love Comes To Pass
I'm A Genius

3)Maximo Park-Our Earthly Pleasures

Real Life Stories Told
Lovers Had And Lovers Lost
In The Rain Crying

4)M83-Digital Shades

Ambient Music
Soundtrack For Our Dreaming Mind
Cool Liquid Ocean

5)Patrick Wolf-The Magic Position

Adult Fairy Tale
Dancing In The Summer Rain
Perfect Finale


What one song or album can you always listen to and how did you find it?
Wintersleep by Wintersleep, I found it randomly, thank the baby Jesus for Canadian Content laws or else I might have never heard of Wintersleep, and my god, my life would have been vastly different!


What was the first record you ever bought and do you still have it?

Oh god what was it...uhhhh...um it was either Spice Girls-Spice or Garbage-Version 2.0, I know what range...but yes I still have them both and still listen to them...Garbage more than the Spice Girls, nautrally!


What was the first live show you ever saw?
The Rolling Stones
when I was 3 years old. I remember it vaguely. My parents told me I danced up a storm and everyone around me thought I was too cute and started dancing with me.


What was the best live show you ever saw?

Maximo Park this past fall. Everything was just spot on, you know, the music, the energy from the band and the crowd, all the stars aligned to give a good rockin' performance. It was fucking brilliant, words can't even describe, its something that needs to be seen to be believed!


Do you have any guilty pleasures you can reveal?

Since I just saw Music and Lyrics, I'm utterly in love with the song that they "wrote" called 'Way Back Into Love' its so cheesy and so typical but I love it (for now anyways)...it would totally make a really good, bad country song (bad country = mainstream country i.e. Kieth Urban, Brooks and Dunn, Rascal Flats, Carrie Underwood, The Wreckers...ew how the fuck do I know all these country acts)




PEACE LOVE AND ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!
xoxox

No comments: